Yesterday, I opened my computer for the first time in a couple weeks and was greeted with a ray of sunshine, The Sunshine Blogger Award! (Well, it’s not yesterday anymore. More like yesterweek.) Piper, at Talk About Cheesecake, nominated me. Thank You, Piper! I mentioned it a little yesterday in my post and I’m doing the fun part today. First, I will answer her ten questions, then I’ll come up with ten of my own for my ten nominees. In between time, I’ll be visiting all of Piper’s other nominees. That’s the really fun part!
1. If you could do anything you wanted to for the day, what would you do?
Well, first, I would take a long relaxing bath. Then, for most of the day, I would sew….without distractions. I love to sew and quilt and I have such a hard time squeezing it in. I would sew anything I wanted, maybe work on several different projects. I would order in some food for dinner. (I hate cooking dinner) Then, I would probably sew some more and then, in the evening, I would blog about my day.
2. If you had to choose between eating ostrich anus or goat testicle, which would it be? Seriously?! How do you come up with this stuff? I would have to go for goat testicle because if he had a mate, it was probably licked clean.
3. What is your favourite item of stationary? Definitely, the paper! There are so many different kinds and textures and colors. The handmade papers are the best. Of course, a few years ago I bought my Nana a wax seal kit. That is so cool and old fashioned! Sealing letters with your own personal seal…how cool!
4. What would be the worst pet you could think of? A spider. I hate spiders!
5. What was the most recent ‘useful tool’ you bought for your kitchen and have you actually used it? The most recent thing I bought for the kitchen is the Ninja kitchen system and I have actually used it, but not as much as I thought I would. Of course, I haven’t really been cooking and baking like I usually do either.
6. What’s worse, children on a plane or sitting next to the non-stop talker? Definitely the non-stop talker. I consider planes my alone time because I always fly alone. I can block out kids and read my book, but I find it hard to be rude to the person sitting next to me talking even though I just want to tell that I’m trying to read and could they please shut up.
7. What did you do the last time you had ‘me time’? What’s ‘me time’? Just kidding, but it feels like that sometimes. I try to block out a little space of time each morning between getting people off to work and school. I like to read and play on my computer. I’m actually answering this question on ‘me time’. I couldn’t sleep and it’s 2:17 am.
8. What colour is your bedroom? The color is called cinnamon toast. Obviously, it’s a creamy brown color, very calming.
9. What do you think the colour of your bedroom says about you? I have absolutely no idea. I matched the wall color to a comforter that I used to have. It’s so calming and versatile that I just don’t change it. My son even commented on it once. He said he wanted his room to be like mine.
10. What was the last thing that made you laugh a proper long belly laugh? My kids. They’re hilarious and can make me laugh even when I’m mad at them and in the middle of a rant.
My 10 Questions:
1. Are you a procrastinator?
2. What do you procrastinate about the most and why do you think that is?
3. What is your favorite beverage?
4. What is your favorite holiday or season?
5. Do you come from a large family or a small family? How many?
6. Are you superstitious about any numbers?
7. Pepsi or Coke?
8. Would you ever choose to live without television?
9. Who is your favorite musical group/singer?
10. Who is your hero?
My 10 nominees:
These are some of the blogs that make me happy when I visit them (otherwise why would I visit them?). I hope you browse some of them and they make you happy too! Have a great day!
- Sunshine Award (hrexach.wordpress.com)
- Sunshine Award (prayingforoneday.wordpress.com)
- Nomination for the sunshine award! (oawritingspoemspaintings.wordpress.com)
- Sunshine Award (terry1954.wordpress.com)
- A Little Sunshine (gardengirl92.wordpress.com)
- Sunshine award (prayingforoneday.wordpress.com)
- Sunshine Award …… (hrexach.wordpress.com)