I am ready to begin my Recipe A Day posts again! It’s been a bleak couple of weeks in my kitchen as I’ve mostly been making hamburgers and hot dogs with some Manwich in between, not even my homemade sloppy joes. I’m getting a little tired of it even though it provided me with a break from cooking….as much. This morning during my prayers it struck me that I needed to start planning menus again and continuing with my Mom’s Recipe Box project. I have recipes planned for every day for this week and next week, but I don’t know if I will post everyday or not. I will try, but I’m not going to stress over it.
I actually miss the schedule that I was on for a few weeks . I think that I will plan projects for myself, but not limit myself to when I will post them. That way I will have structure, but still have flexibility to be my creative self. Most of my posts will be about gardening through the summer, both vegetables and flowers, but I will still do some sewing and scrapbooking so you’ll see a little of that too. After all, I’ll still have rain days. Of course, I will still post my own little musings at random times and do the Monday Project Optimism posts.
Back to RAD. With summer here, I am going to limit my baking to early morning because the house gets too hot otherwise. I’m going to try to find some grill recipes in my mom’s recipe box and also more crock pot recipes to try to keep the oven off in the afternoons. Today I’m making Purdue Beef. It’s a crock pot recipe and I chose it because my daughter is a huge Purdue fan. It’s funny that Mom had that recipe because she hated Purdue. She was an IU (Indiana University) girl all the way, and Notre Dame, of course. More on that and her rivalry with her cousin (Purdue Alum) when I post the recipe.
I’ve had a little break, but now it’s time to get back to business. I have some sewing to do today so I will see you all later!
- Crockpot Cheeseburger (dizzybusyandhungry.com)
- Crock Chicken Pot (gramceeshouseblog.wordpress.com)
- Foray into Crock-Pot kingdom with a Mediterranean stew (extrasnark.wordpress.com)
- Baked Beans from Scratch-dried beans (recipesforourdailybread.com)
- Pot Roast in the Pin it to Win it Crock Pot… (foodiefriendsfridaydailydish.com)
- New Recipe Alert! Crock Pot Chipotle Chicken “tacos” w/ sweet and spicy salsa! (onemotherofaday.wordpress.com)
- Sloppy Joes from Scratch (recipesforourdailybread.com)
- Slow Cooker Crock Pot BBQ Pork (geekalabama.com)