Good morning everyone! It’s Monday and warm and my blog got nominated for another award. I am truly honored. The Liebster Award seems to bring some confusion with it. What is it for? Why am I getting it? What does Liebster mean? The Liebster Award is for blogs with fewer than 200 followers, which, if you look at my tally, doesn’t seem to match up. However, what you see includes Facebook friends and they don’t actually follow my blog, they just automatically get notified every time I post because my blog posts are also posted on my facebook page. My actual blog followers number is 123. I am way behind on my posting schedule, so this is going to be my Project Optimism post for today, because who can’t be optimistic about getting awards!
I actually started writing this last Monday. Luckily, it’s Monday again and it is also sunny and warm again….finally. Since last Monday I’ve been nominated again for a Liebster award and also for The WordPress Family Award. Before I start answering all the questions I would like to apologize to the people who nominated me for these awards for taking so long to reply. I’m sorry, it’s been a little crazy around here.
Thank you to Emma Bayliss at http://littlebritishpea.wordpress.com and to Lauren Colie at http://laurennicolettecolie.com for nominating me for the Liebster awards, and to Shaun at http://prayingforoneday.wordpress.com for nominating me for the WordPress Family Award. It is wonderful to know that so many people actually want to read what I have to say……baffling, but wonderful. So, thank you again for reading my blog and for telling others about it.
I will start with the WordPress Family Award because it will be quicker. All I have to do for this award is link back to the person who gave it to me who I found out also happens to be the creator of the award. Now I’m really truly honored. WordPress Family Award was started by Shaun so follow the link back to his page to read the description. It is so true of bloggers who use WordPress and a lot of others too. I need to give this award to ten others who I feel exemplify the WordPress family. After careful thought, here are the ten I chose. (It was not easy to limit it!)
I really wish I could nominate a few others also, but it said 10. Plus, some of the others aren’t on WordPress, but they are very friendly and helpful and encouraging people. I’ll just say thanks to Lori at The Inbox Jaunt and Donna at Garden Walk, Garden Talk. These two women are always helpful with advice and answering questions about quilting and gardening.
On to the Liebster Awards.
- The Liebster Award is given by bloggers to other bloggers who have fewer than 200 followers.
- Each blogger should post 11 facts about himself/herself.
- Each blogger should answer the 11 questions asked by the person doing the nominating.
- Choose 11 new bloggers to nominate for the award.
- Create 11 new questions for your nominees.
- Go back to their pages and tell them they have been nominated.
- No tag backs.
11 Facts About Me
- I live in the United States.
- I love the smell of coffee, but hate the taste.
- Texting drives me crazy.
- I don’t like to talk on the phone, but usually prefer it to texting.
- My favorite color (at the moment) is coral.
- I hate doing dishes.
- I like doing laundry.
- I have a college degree in Early Childhood Education.
- I am happily married to a great guy who spoils me rotten.
- My guilty pleasure is The Vampire Diaries.
- My favorite drink is a cuppa green tea with lemon juice and honey.
11 Questions from Emma
1. If you could learn one skill that you’ve never had, what would it be, and why? I would learn how to make pottery because I love it and it seems so relaxing. If you mess up you just start over.
2. If you had the chance to redo things in your life, would you? Just one
3. Are you a procrastinator? yes, but I am improving greatly!
4. Do you have a fear that you have not yet conquered? No
5. Do you have a dream you’ve suppressed due to life commitments? Yes, I want to travel around the world.
6. Do you prefer to go to bed and get up early or late? Definitely, early.
7. Have you ever told a lie and repeated it so much that you eventually believed it yourself? Perhaps, but I wouldn’t know because I would still think it is the truth.
8. What is your favorite time of the year? New Year, Summer, Christmas, etc. Fall is my favorite time of year. I love watching the leaves change and the relief of the cooler temperatures after the heat of summer and the way the sun is in the sky.
9. If you could travel to any point in time, when would it be? I would like to go back to medieval times.
10. Do you share your blog with people you know in real life? Yes
11. What inspires you? My children inspire me. I get up and live life everyday for them. I want them to see how much life has to offer.
11 Questions from Nicolette
1. What is the most important book you’ve ever read (not your favorite) and why?
2. A caterpillar, a duck and an armadillo walk into a bar. What happens next? They meet in the emergency room where they are all getting stitches.
3. Who was your first crush and what do you remember about them? My first crush on someone I knew was 2nd grade on Greg Arceo. He was sooo cute and he was short like me and kind of shy, also like me.
4. Blackberries or raspberries? and why? I’m not sure I can tell the difference. I like them both.
5. Would you rather be able to fly or breathe under water? and why? Breathe under water, because there is a whole unexplored, beautiful world under the surface and it would be cool to explore it and be a part of it.
6. Why do you blog? I blog to record my activities and as a way to keep a sort of family history. I am also blogging to keep myself accountable and active and to commemorate my mom and her love of cooking.
7. How has your definition of happiness changed over time? I used to define happiness in more monetary terms, now it has everything to do with my family and how I spend my time, how much I help others.
8. What is your favorite season and why? Fall is my favorite season because I love the feel of the air, the angle of the sun, and the smell of burning leaves.
9. If I say exercise, what would you say? walk
10. If you could do absolutely anything for one other person, what would it be and who would you do it for? I would arrange for my husband to talk to his brother who died when they were kids.
11 Questions for my Nominees
- What kind of music do you listen to?
- Who is your favorite author?
- Do you set goals for yourself and keep them?
- What is the hardest thing you have ever done?
- If you could ask God one question, what would it be?
- What is your favorite animal and why?
- What is your favorite color?
- Why do you blog?
- Why is the sky blue?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be and why?
- Why did you choose whichever blogging platform that you use (WordPress, Blogspot, Typepad)?
Whew! I’m exhausted and I haven’t gotten out of this seat in over an hour!
Thank you again to Emma, Nicolette and Shaun for honoring my blog with these awards. May God bless you all.
- Liebster Award (maasmith.com)
- Scrapping Wonders Liebster Award (scrappingwonders.com)
- Liebster Award (catholicquestionsandanswers.wordpress.com)
- My nomination for the “Liebster Award” (zestnzen.wordpress.com)
- Leaping for the Liebster Award! (mercyme40.wordpress.com)
- Awarded the ‘LIEBSTER’! (1catholicsalmon.com)
- The Liebster Award (randomthoughtsofatwentysomething.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Blog Award (charlieray45.wordpress.com)
- Liebster Blog Award(s) (andymckell.com)
- Nomination for Liebster Blog Award (layedbacklife.wordpress.com)