I’m really sorry that the recipes are all blurry when I crop them and paste them in the post. Someday I’ll take the time to figure out a better way to put them in. This one is just a piece of plastic packaging, like she cut it from a bag of ???. It’s another one that is easy to make and tastes pretty good. My daughter had a unique comment. She said it tasted almost like tomato soup and she was right, it was similar. I used it on chicken stir-fry and served it over short grain brown rice. I like stir-fry and the kids like it, but the guy who pays the bills, not so much.
Well, I got the settings right on one picture! I haven’t fixed the time/date settings on my camera yet either.
I have to double all of my recipes, so there is a lot more here than a single recipe would make. I initially used 6 Tbsp. of cornstarch, but added one more after I poured the sauce on the chicken and vegetables. I had to turn the heat up to med/high for the sauce to thicken even with one extra Tbsp. of corn starch. It only took a couple minutes to thicken after that.
Homemade Sweet and Sour Sauce
1 (10 3/4 oz.) can chicken broth
2-3 Tbsp. corn starch
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
3 Tbsp. vinegar
3 Tbsp. sugar
Combine chicken broth with all other ingredients. Add to stir-fry recipe in place of prepared sweet & sour sauce. Cook until sauce thickens.
*(I combined all ingredients except broth in a small bowl and then added it to the broth in the pan to heat it. It needs to be stirred constantly.)
- Spicy chicken nuggets (chefdoru.wordpress.com)
- Sweet & sour pork (foodiesgauteng.wordpress.com)
- [Paleo] Sweet & Sour BBQ Sauce (inspireandindulge.wordpress.com)
- Sweet and Sour Sauce for Meatballs (adecemberrose.wordpress.com)
- Sweet & Sour Chicken (Recipe) (prettyinthequeencity.typepad.com)
- Phantom Gourmet: Sweet & Sour Sauce Taste Test (boston.cbslocal.com)
- Refocus Friday-A Good Week (gardengirl92.wordpress.com)