It feels like I haven’t written in weeks! It has actually only been nine days, I checked. I have had two migraines and an out of control toothache which now requires a root canal. My mind has barely been able to come up with a coherent thought, much less try to put it into words. Since I haven’t really been doing anything, it’s hard to come up with something to write about, so I thought I would do an update on my first month of goals.
In January I did really well….mostly.
Let’s see…here’s my list:
1. read 1 classic novel per month – check … I read The Stranger by Albert Camus (weird book) I am currently reading The Jungle by Upton Sinclair. I’ll be lucky to finish it by the end of the month.
2. write 1000 words per month – check … I wrote way more than that, but only a few hundred on my memoir
3. sew 2 days per week – getting better, I sew at least once a week (which is horrible for someone who loves to sew like I do!)
4. volunteer at food pantry – not yet, but I have a whole year
5. register to sell at Town Market – not yet, it starts in April
6. set and follow through on 3 goals per week for house – totally bombed on that one! I think I accomplished two goals in two weeks and then gave up.
7. go for a hike/walk once a week – bombed again…went for one walk at the golf course. I have managed to drag my sorry butt outside with the dog a few times this week.
8. Blog 3 times per week minimum – check (except for last week) maybe I can make up for it
Huh, guess I didn’t do as well as I thought. What am I doing with my time? Keeping a routine is hard for me and when I get used to one and have to change it, it’s even harder. I think I am making slow progress because my husband has noticed a difference in me and so have I, actually. I am truly like the tortoise, slow and steady.
How are all of you doing with your goals/resolutions?
I just remembered some things I wanted to write about so I will have at least three posts this week! Yay! I also need to visit some blogs. I’ve been to a few, but am very far behind. See ya ‘round!
- Optimism Week #3 – Accomplishing Goals (gardengirl92.wordpress.com)