I have been away from my computer since before Christmas. I can’t believe it, since I sometimes think that I’m addicted to it. I got a really nice surprise when I checked in today. My friend, Sue, at The Crafty Pioneer, nominated me for the Versatile Blogger Award! That was a huge surprise and a great way to end the year!
I started blogging in August and I have learned so much and made so many blog friends! I already thanked a lot of you in a previous post, Thank You Blogger Friends! To accept the award, I have to nominate 15 other bloggers for the award and tell 7 things about myself. The nominating will be much easier than thinking of 7, I assume interesting, things about myself.
There are many other wonderful blogs that I follow, but I could only pick 15. I know that some of these have already been nominated for this award and therefore, don’t need to redo the “requirements” of accepting. I just wanted to let them know that they have been very helpful and inspiring to me in some way.
Let’s see…7 things about me…..
1. I love to read, especially romance. Nora Roberts is my favorite author.
2. I had one sewing class in high school and have pretty much taught myself everything I’ve learned since then through books and online tutorials and trial and error…a lot of error!
3. I hate the cold, but love snow.
4. I am going to my first quilting club meeting this January. That reminds me…I need to double check the date.
5. I have always wanted to write a book and have it published. I have started several and finished none. I am currently working on a memoir.
6. I am much better at planning than doing. I tend to procrastinate and not follow through.
7. In addition to sewing, I also like to scrapbook and make bead jewelry.
That finishes up this post. It took me about 3 days write this, because I was trying to combine a bunch of stuff into one post. I removed everything else, so I will probably have several posts in a row for the next little while (if my family will let me write). They all feel that they need to interrupt when they see me on my computer. 1 day till husband back to work and 6 days till kids back to school!
This was supposed to be posted by yesterday, but it wasn’t, so Happy New Year! everyone!